Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Doogie Talons 183 posts 318 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 10:35
    Doogie Talons

Installing umbraco on IIS one folder forward

Hi never came across this before but we have a client that wants to use thier existing url and create a new site on umbraco.

They want to achieve this with a proxy.

To do this I need to install umbraco in such away that is works like this.

http://00.00.00.00/foldername where 00.00.00.00 is the ip of the server.

We have full root access to our iis server but never had to run a site in this way.

Is it even possible, if so does anybody know the steps I have to take to make it so.

Kind Regards

Doogie

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 12:26
    Carl Jackson

You can create a Folder inside the web root and deploy your Umbraco Appication there.

In IIS manager Right click the folder and select "convert to application".

depending on what (if anything) is at the root you may need to do some work to stop config inheritance

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178685.aspx

If they need to do it using a reverse proxy its more involved but I can maybe dig out some helpful links.

Thanks

• Doogie Talons 183 posts 318 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 18:36
    Doogie Talons

Thanks that put me on the right track. I created an application under the webfolder. We need to change a few links to the css and the media folder but umbraco works great and the site renders.

Thanks

• Carl Jackson 139 posts 478 karma points
    Apr 13, 2016 @ 09:27
    Carl Jackson

Excelent.

If you struggle with the media you will likely need to manually save each media item as the path is saved in the database in a JSON structure which needs to be updated

I made a temporary controller when migrating a site which looped each media item and re saved it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft