Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Smith 75 posts 158 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 13:03
    Steve Smith

Curious issue with uploading Media items

Hello,

A curious problem we're having with our Umbraco 4.8 installation - but only seems to be happening with one user.

This user has been reporting that some of the images they are uploading to the media tab work for a while, but when they revisit the same page later in the day, the image has stopped working for some reason.

I've been through the event viewer and the IIS logs, and something curious is happening.

Basically, they upload an image to the media tab - and it all works fine.

Then, some time later (an hour or more) according to the IIS log files, the script that handles the image upload for the particular media Node Id in question (i.e. /umbraco/editMedia.aspx) is being "POST" a second time from the same IP address and with the same querystring parameters.

The user assures me this is not something they're intentionally doing.

On this second "POST", the browser seems to be sending a zero byte file (judging by what is stored in the wwwroot/media/ folder), and this throws an exception "System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream" - presumably because its passing a zero byte stream in to the Umbraco function that generates the image thumbnail?

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this before, and any thoughts on what might be triggering the second "phantom" upload event to the server?

As I say, its just one user - who I believe is running the latest version of Google Chrome.

I've tried but failed to recreate the issue myself.

Thanks,

Steve.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft