Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 14:38
    Roger Withnell

Conflicts between assemblies

I am using Visual Studio 2013 and I use Nuget to manage packages.

I have multiple websites on one instance of Umbraco v7.2.8 running on an operational server and a mirror image on a development server.

Both work without any problems. Re-build does not show any problems. If, however, I run the re-build with log verbosity on in VS, the log contains the following conflicts: - mscorlib, v4.0.0.0 chosen because it was primary over v2.0.5.0. - system.core, v4.0.0.0 over v2.0.5.0. - system, v4.0.0.0 over v2.0.5.0. - ClientDependency.core, v1.8.4.0 over v1.8.0.0.

I was not aware of these conflicts until, first, I upgraded Umbraco 7.2.8 to 7.4.2. On the initial build, some binding redirects were requested, which I approved and it worked successfully.

But next, I tried to install Google.Apis.Calendar.V3. The initial build then identified several conflicts, which I have been unable to resolve. The conflicts included the ones above in the 7.2.8 configuration and others.

My question is: should I resolve the conflicts in the initial 7.2.8 configuration because they might be the cause of the breakage after installing 7.4.2 and Google.Apis.Calendar.V3? If so, what action should I take?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Roger

• Rick Mason 38 posts 169 karma points
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 14:29
    Rick Mason

Hi Roger

I'm not sure about the conflicts you're seeing, but an approach you could take to get your calendar code working would be to create a separate web API project that references the calendar package and provides a REST interface to any functions you need, then call the API from your Umbraco project.

It would also be more loosely coupled that way, so you could easily support other calendaring services by creating web APIs with the same methods.

Rick

• Roger Withnell 128 posts 613 karma points
    Apr 23, 2016 @ 09:08
    Roger Withnell

Thanks, Rick.

The Web API looks a good solution. Working on it now.

Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft