Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc Ferrold 24 posts 105 karma points
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 12:16
    Marc Ferrold

Missing Rich Text Editors in Umb 4

Hey, hi, hello

I have just been tasked with updating some data on an old Umbraco 4 (4.5.2) installation.

However, for some reason, rich text editors will not show up in the backend. They are rendered in the frontend just fine, but when I want to change some data in the backend, they're just missing:

enter image description here

In this case, "Body text" should be an RTE. Newly added RTEs also do not show up.

I have looked around for explanations, but come up empty handed - There is no SyntaxHighlighter package installed, the problem persists in all browsers, and the lang file seems to be fine (en.js, I assume).

I am quite perplexed, and honestly have hardly any idea where to even start looking for the problem, so any help is greatly appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 17:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marc

Weird, it's the second post I see today regarding this old weird issue.

You can see some of my suggestions I made in the other post here https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/76611-tinymce-richtext-editor-disppeared-from-the-back-office-content

Either the /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders have not been overwridden properly or there is a permission issue - I remember having had the same issues a couple of times in the past on Umbraco 4 and 6 solutions.

Perhaps trying to reset the permissions can fix it - Otherwise try doing some of the thing I describe in the other post. Not sure about the ClientDependency advice though...Can't remember if it was introduced later than the release of 4.5.

Luckily it's just some files missing or having wrong permission settings so the data just don't show but it's still there safe and sound in the database :) But obviously the issue is very confusing and annoying.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft