Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hoodhood123 9 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 15:43
    hoodhood123

TinyMCE Richtext Editor disppeared from the Back office Content

enter image description here

In my Umbraco back office content page of my testing website, the TinyMCE editor is missing which I can't press the Edit HTML Source button and edit the HTML of the selected page.

However in my live website (which is identical to the testing website), the TinyMCE editor is there working fine. I wonder it must be some settings or wrong code in my config?

I have tried to copy the who Umbraco and Umbraco_Client folder from my live working website to the testing website but it doesn't help at all. I have also tried to copy the tinyMceConfig.config and still doesn't work. Does anyone know what the problem is and the solution to this?

Thanks a lot

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 16:55
    Nicholas Westby

Looks like you are using Umbraco 6, correct? Which specific version of Umbraco 6?

Also, I believe in Umbraco 6, that rich text editor bar only appears once you have clicked inside of the rich text editor. I don't see a rich text editor in either of your screenshots. Is it a property further down the screen out of view of the screenshot?

I would start by opening your developer console and checking if there are any JavaScript errors when you click into the rich text editor.

Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:20
    hoodhood123

I am using Umbraco v6.0.7 (Assembly version: 1.0.4927.24052) and thank you for your reply.

After reading your comment I realised that the Question Richtext Content is empty (cannot edit) in my testing website which might be the reason for the whole problem.

I have also looked at the javascript error and actually got one! Not sure what problem it is but I will have a look into it.

Thanks a lot.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2016 @ 17:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Could you please try overwriting your local /umbraco_client and /umbraco folders with the ones from your live-site?

I've experienced this issue on older Umbraco versions from time to time. Sometimes the files are simply missing for some weird reason - It can be caused by some directories being ignored in your version control system for some reason if you use git or mercurial for instance and others by mistake ignore some of the subfolders inside /umbraco_client or /umbraco directories and sometimes it can be caused by permissions not being properly setup.

To quickly test if it's a permission issue you can provide the everyone role temporary access to the folder containing your website and see if that solves it.

Also it might be caused by caching for some reason so it might also be worth trying to bump the version number atrribute in the /config/clientdependency.config folder and deleting the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder as well.

Hope some of these pointers help.

Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:23
    hoodhood123

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the methods you suggested however the problem is still there.

I am looking into the javascript now and suspect that the problem is probably there.

Thanks a lot

Apr 15, 2016 @ 10:49
    hoodhood123

Hi All,

I just fixed the testing website and the rich text editor works fine now!

The problem of my testing website is the en.js is somehow broken (umbraco_client -> tinymce3 -> langs -> en.js) which causing the Question Richtext Content and the Richtext editor doesn't load properly. I fixed the en.js and everything works fine now.

Thank you for all your help. Case closed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft