Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 13:32
    Sean Dooley

Install-Package : Unable to find version '7.3.8' of package 'UmbracoCms'.

I'm looking to update Umbraco 7.3.7 to 7.3.8 using Nuget Package Manager Console. Below is the command and response message I'm getting.

PM> Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.3.8
    Install-Package : Unable to find version '7.3.8' of package 'UmbracoCms'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.3.8
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any ideas why this might be happening?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 14:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

Make sure to check if the "package source" has been set properly. If you're using VS2015 the "all" option is not available anymore.

So if nuget is looking in the another repository that's why you get the above message.

Also you should use the Update-Package command in order to do an upgrade using nuget...not sure if you can use the install command when the package already is installed. Please refer to the "Are you using nuget?" section here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/general

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 15:51
    Sean Dooley

Hi Jan

Thanks for pointing myself in the right direction Jan. I was trying to run Install-Package instead of Update-Package.

Cheers

Sean

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft