Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Wilkinson 132 posts 211 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 13:38
    Steve Wilkinson

Editor logs in and goes to the change password dialogue

This is only happening for one user which makes it even stranger - when they open umbraco - url/umbraco/# it opens on the change password dialogue regardless of when the password has been changed.

This happens for them on two different servers and two different sites.

No other editor has reported this issue to me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I know it's not a fault with the password as I changed it to one that I knew was fine and the same thing occured.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2016 @ 08:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steve

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

I can't remember when this was changed but in newer version of Umbraco the change password dashboard does no longer exists since it's become a part of the profile for the logged in user. So if on clicks the image in the top left corner then it's possible to to from there.

However if I remember correctly the change password dashboard will always be the first thing one sees when logging in since it's by default configured as the first dashboard to be shown. So after changing the password it will still remain the first dashboard one sees when logging in before clicking on the tree structure if I remember correctly of course.

/Jan

• Steve Wilkinson 132 posts 211 karma points
    Apr 24, 2016 @ 08:45
    Steve Wilkinson

It's 7.2.8. The really strange thing is it only happens for one user, all the other users seem to be ok - at least it works ok for me and no one else has complained (which is about the best I can do with feedback as they're generally pretty quick to complain!)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft