Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ligia 15 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 22, 2016 @ 10:55
    Ligia

Hi Umbraco community,

I've just installed umbraco v 7.4.3 for a new project I'm working on. I have created some nested document types that I would like to use as compositions for different document type. Currently just the first level document types (no nested) are visible as compositions? Is it a bug or how I can enable this functionality?

Many thanks, Ligia

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 22, 2016 @ 13:15
    Kevin Jump

Hi

unfortunately you can't use doctypes that nested as a composition for another document type.

if you want things nested for organisational purposes, then you can create folders, and put doctypes in those - Doc types in folders can be used a compositions.

It's not a bug, it's designed to work this way. The way umbraco manages it, nesting is handled like a composition and to stop it getting all muddled umbraco doesn't let you use a type that has compositions as a composition.

• Ligia 15 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 22, 2016 @ 13:27
    Ligia

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answer. I have realised just after posting that that is the way doc types are meant to work. I have figure out a way to do what I was trying with inheritance in compositions. I will say my solution is case there are others that will look after inheritance with doc types for compositions

I have created 2 doc type with the same tab name.

If I need properties from both I'll add both as composition or just one depending on the case.

Thank you, Ligia

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft