Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 12:18
    Fernanda Bernardes

Erro after installation using MySQL

HI..I´m back :)

After several attempts and corrections in the MySQL tables, managed to create the database and complete the installation of Umbraco in the local environment (for then apply in production) ... But when you go to the generated site, ALWAYS error occurs when MySQL. .. qdo the database is SQL Server Compact this problem does not occur. In the picture is the error that occurs.enter image description here

enter image description here

Please, somebody could help me??

tks.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 12:59
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fernanda,

We have tested the 7.4 on MySQL, and it works fine. So I would like to know a bit more about your setup.

Which languages are you using on your machine where you are trying to install the Umbraco installation.

Have you chosen a starter kit to install, if so which one have you picked?

Best,

-Dennis

Apr 27, 2016 @ 16:56
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi, Dennis.. thanks for your answer!!

I´m here in Brazil. Than my stand language is Portuguese (windows), but my VS is English. I choose the second start kit.

You have no idea what's going on?

I tried to install with SQL Server Compact and it´s works promptly!!

Thanks,

• Fernanda
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 28, 2016 @ 11:48
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fernanda,

I have now had some time to test if I was able to reproduce the error that you are getting when you are try to install Umbraco 7.4 on MySQL.

I have tried to install Umbraco 7.4.3 on MySQL and choose to install the second start kit like you, and I can´t reproduce the error that you are seen.

So my presumption is that there could be some issue with the portuguese languages on MySQL and Umbraco.

I am using Windows 10 in danish.

Best,

-Dennis

Apr 28, 2016 @ 12:22
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi, Dennis and others Members!!

Based on your question in last post, I enabled the English language in my machine and redid all Umbraco installation process. Unfortunately, no success.

A common thread that got in all my attempts to installation and activation of Umbraco is that the error reported for MySQL is always the same function:

umbraco.library.GetXmlNodeByXPath (String xpathQuery)

enter image description here You or any member of the Forum have come across this problem?

Thanks!!!

Apr 28, 2016 @ 14:16
    Fernanda Bernardes

Denis, thank you for your great willingness to help me.

Luckily, after browsing the many posts of the Forum, I found the solution ... For complete and total lack of deep experience in MySQL, did not know that the global variable "lowercasetable_names" existed and that it is essential for the Umbraco get to work ... I am using the Umbraco on Windows, but the MySQL server I'm using Linux and is this global variable in the Linux environment, comes setada to "0" and not to "1" in the Windows case. After changing this variable, the error that I reported not occurred.

The "light" to the solution I found this link:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2187

A big hug and see you soon!!

Again thank you very much !!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft