Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads Sørensen 188 posts 433 karma points
    May 03, 2016 @ 17:07
    Mads Sørensen

Save and Publish mutes after click - Umbraco 7.2.4

Hi Guys Version 7.2.4 I'm having quite of af problem with an Umbraco installation of mine. After changing content and clicking the "Save and publish" button, the little dialog in right corner says "Publishing..." and then nothing. The "save and publish" button mutes/change stage to the lighter version and thats all.

When i check the console i gives me this error message: enter image description here

The problem only seems to be on my localhost - So im really afraid to Upload my local projekt to the live version.

I've tried following:

1. recycle the app pool
    2. touched the web.config
    3. republished entire site
    4. Upgrading to v. 7.2.6
    5. Override localprojekt with the live one

... and no change at all.

Has anyone tried something simulare?!?

Regards the confused :/

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 05:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mads

That seems very odd indeed - I'm wondering if you have perhaps made some kind of custom property editor, which could be causing the error because there might be a bug in the property editor code? That can sometimes really mess things up :)

Otherwise are you then using some kind of 3rd party packages? And has it been acting up like this the whole time while developing or did it just start to happen out of the blue some day?

It could also be a good idea to check the /App_Data/Logs file and see if anything in it is marked with "ERROR" to get some more clues perhaps.

It could also be permission related perhaps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 04, 2016 @ 06:59
    Mads Sørensen

Hi Jan Thanks for your attention :D

It has working perfect the hole time - i recently installed Umbraco Froms and everything worked fine for a day ore two(?)!

If something is wrong with some of the properties would it then help to create a "Empty" DocType and try to save and publish that?

May 04, 2016 @ 07:25
    Mads Sørensen

Hej Jan

This is the file from the log:

2016-05-04 09:23:32,455 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 9] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController
    2016-05-04 09:23:32,455 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 9] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 9 (took 0ms)
    2016-05-04 09:23:37,812 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 11] Content 'Test' with Id '5900' has been published.

So everything looks fine here to me - Right?

May 04, 2016 @ 07:35
    Mads Sørensen

Well - a document type didn't help at all.

I just saw that when I delete a page it gives somekind of database error?!?

Received an error from the server
    Failed to delete item 5962

Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

EXCEPTION DETAILS:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
    STACKTRACE:

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
       at MySql.Web.Common.SchemaManager.GetSchemaVersion(String connectionString)
       at MySql.Web.Common.SchemaManager.CheckSchema(String connectionString, NameValueCollection config)
       at MySql.Web.SiteMap.MySqlSiteMapProvider.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config)
       at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)

The odd thing about is that it's saying something about MySql - but my website setup has always been MSSql.

Hope all this make some kind of sense to you jan :)

May 04, 2016 @ 07:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mads

Do you use a version control system like git by any chance? Then it would be possibel to go back in time to before you installed forms just to see if that could be the cause for some reason.

What is the exact version of Forms that you're using? Is it the latest version? (Think it's 4.2.1 these days).

Also did you check the log file?

/Jan

May 04, 2016 @ 08:05
    Mads Sørensen

Hi Jan Already tried to go back in time with my project :/

The log file:

2016-05-04 09:23:32,455 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 9] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController
    2016-05-04 09:23:32,455 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 9] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 9 (took 0ms)
    2016-05-04 09:23:37,812 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 11] Content 'Test' with Id '5900' has been published.

Everything looks fine here to me - Right?

Umbraco forms 2.4.1

May 04, 2016 @ 21:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mads

That indeed is odd - Could you try doing the same thing as suggested in this post https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/57929-MySQL-Connection-error-for-site-that-doesnt-Use-MySQL#comment-198679 (which is also the solution in that case)

Sounds like a similar issue - Regarding the log entries - As long as it's not marked with either "ERROR" or "WARNING" things should be fine.

Just wondering whether you're using SQL express or full MSSQL version?...Don't know if that could have something to do with the issue you're seeing.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft