Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manuel 11 posts 121 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 10:55
    Manuel

Umbraco Request error after upgrading (7.3.3 > 7.4.3)

At first, before updating everything works fine. Then we updated umbraco from version 7.3.3 to 7.4.3 and now we have strange behaviour in our backoffice.

The error: "umbraco Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): views/components/application/umb-navigation.html"

Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/5wh0g83z5/

As you can see, the navigation on the left side is completely missing.

The path "views/components/application/umb-navigation.html" is correct on server and umb-navigation.html also exists at this point.

What I already did:

-Increase the versionnumber of ClientDependency.config to clear cache.

-Delete umbraco.config and reload page

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Manuel and welcome to our :)

When you incremented the version number in the cliendependency.config did you then recycle the app pool as well? You'll need to do that in order for the cache clearing to take effect - As far as I know deleting the umbraco.config however should not be necessary.

Hope this helps - If not can you then tell a bit about the steps you took in doing the upgrade? Did you upgrade using nuget or did you do it manually?

/Jan

May 05, 2016 @ 13:23
    Manuel

Hi Jan, thank you for your quick answer!

Unfortunately i'm not in the office today to try out your suggestion with app pool recycling, anyway i want to give you some more information about the step i took doing the upgrade (manually):

0) backuped everything

1) copied bin, umbraco and umbraco_client folders over the existing ones

2)deleted web.config and copied the merged one into root, also did this for the whole /config folder but for this one i just copied the merged folder over the existing one. I also merged the config in the /views folder.

3) repeated the steps felt ~100 times

Is it possible that there is a file in the /config folder which has not been replaced and causing this type of error?

May 06, 2016 @ 07:43
    Manuel

update: I have tested your suggestion with app pool recycling after increasing the version number in the cliendependency.config, without success.

I also checked the /config files if there is any file which has not been replaced but all files are ok.

Some more information from developer tools: http://oi68.tinypic.com/mhy4n7.jpg

Looks like there is a problem with the DependencyHandler, hope this will help you to help me

May 06, 2016 @ 10:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Manuel

Ok that's weird - Don't know if you have tried to have a look in the version specific upgrade guide found here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific - The last section with 7.4 - Sounds like you have done all of the mentioned steps except trying to clear cookies? - I guess that you have merged the tree.config as well since it's part of the files in the /config folder.

It should not be necessary since bumping the version number in the clientdependecy file should be enough but could you please try following these steps

1. Go to the /App_Data/TEMP folder and delete the content of the "ClientDependency" folder
    2. Bump the version number in the ClientDependency.config file again
    3. Clear your browser cookies like mentioned in the documentation referenced
    4. Recycle the app pool
    5. Clear the browser cache and refresh your browser

Does this have any kind of impact?

/Jan

May 06, 2016 @ 12:03
    Manuel

Hi Jan

Sorry, your suggestion doesn't have any kind of impact. (i cleared the browser cache local and for the whole domain with IE developer tools, hope this is the correct way)

Is it necessary to stop/start our IIS while i bump up the version number / clear cookies or recycle app pool?

Yes, i have followed the steps in the version specific upgrade guide, except trying to clear cookies, because i had no "Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'-error.

trees.config is definitely merged, i also checked the other files in /config, they are all correct.

Any suggestions are welcome!

May 09, 2016 @ 04:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Manuel

After the changes are done a recycle of the app pool is needed. You don't have to start/stop the server to do that. You can either recycle the application pool manually or touch the web.config.

I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas about what you can try to do. If I think of something then I'll let you know for sure.

Fingers crossed that someone else have an idea though.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft