Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Prashant Akerkar 13 posts 80 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 14:45
    Prashant Akerkar

Umbraco CMS Site 7.2.8 deployment on Windows Server 2012 Server machine.

I have deployed the Umbraco site on Windows Server 2012 Os Server which is working Fine. I am able to access the Umbraco Admin interface but unable to login or authenticate.

In Web.config file - Gives me a runtime error at this line number

I have Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 ENU CTP1 installed on Windows Server 2012 Os Server Machine.

When i comment the above line, the site works fine but umbraco admin panel authentication do not work.

I am able to access the Umbraco 7.2.8 site on Development machine having Windows 7.0 Os with the Admin interface as well as Login/authentication working.

What could be the possible reasons ?.

Thanks & Regards, Prashant S Akerkar

• Matt Cheale 8 posts 33 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 16:33
    Matt Cheale

Extracting out the line you mentioned, as the forum has swallowed it.

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionstring="Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" providername="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0"></add>

Commenting that out means you're no longer using a database, which I presume explains why you can't login. Have you copied the database up from your development machine to the 2012 server? The App_Data folder won't be deployed by default as far as I'm aware.

May 04, 2016 @ 16:50
    Prashant Akerkar

Thanks for the Reply.

As rightly pointed if i comment out the line, will not connect to the database and i will not be able to login. The Site is running on Windows Server 2012 Os Web Server Machine.

But when i uncomment the Line, I get the Runtime error which i do not get on my Development Machine running on Windows 7.0.

I have checked and the umbraco.sdf and UmbracoCms.7.2.8.sdf databases are copied in App_Data folder in the Website folder site on the Windows Server 2012 Os Web Server Machine.

What could be the possible reasons ?.

• Matt Cheale 8 posts 33 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 17:42
    Matt Cheale

My next thought would be file permissions. Does the IIS_USR, if I recall correctly, have modify permissions to the sdfs?

May 05, 2016 @ 13:51
    Prashant Akerkar

Thanks.

It was the File permissions issue as well as the Physical path of the Umbraco.sdf file which was corrected in the Site folder.

The site is now running with the Umbraco Admin Interface module working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft