Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Filipe Sousa 43 posts 205 karma points
    May 05, 2016 @ 14:00
    Filipe Sousa

Upgrade from 7.2.8 to 7.4.3

Hi guys,

I am trying to upgrade my website to the latest version, but I get these errors and I can't get past the install screen. Can anyone help me with this?

ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoMigration'.

ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurredSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'securityStampToken'. Invalid column name 'lastLoginDate'.

Kind regards,

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2016 @ 06:46
    Jan Skovgaard

HI Filipe

What approach are you using during this upgrade process? Is it manually or by using nuget?

Perhaps you'll need to do some of the things described in the upgrade documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific - See the notes from the "Version 7.3.0" section.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 12, 2016 @ 10:47
    Filipe Sousa

Hi Jan,

thanks for your response. I am upgrading through Nuget. I upgraded my local dev site using Nuget on Visual Studio. I then accessed the website and it upgraded fine. I moved the website (not db) into staging and it also upgraded fine. It was when I moved the website (not db) into production that it refused to upgrade and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why. Is there a best practice approach for when you have to upgrade multiple instances of the same website?

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    May 12, 2016 @ 11:18
    Bijesh Tank

Hi Filipe,

I had a similar issue a while ago when I tried to upgrade to 7.3.3.

Remove the value from umbracoConfigurationStatus in your appsettings and try again.

i.e.

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

B.

May 12, 2016 @ 13:26
    Filipe Sousa

Hi Bijesh,

that didn't work but thanks for the tip.

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    May 12, 2016 @ 14:21
    Bijesh Tank

Another thing to try is to put the old version number in umbracoConfigurationStatus - 7.2.8

May 16, 2016 @ 08:53
    Filipe Sousa

Thanks but no luck there either I'm afraid.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft