Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Townsend 59 posts 279 karma points c-trib
    May 06, 2016 @ 08:48
    Jamie Townsend

Content page property positioning

Firstly, sorry if this is a duplicate - I couldn't find anything though.

Version: 7.4.3

I've added two properties to a doctype, simply a textbox and a checkbox. The checkbox position is messed up. See screenshot.

enter image description here

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 07, 2016 @ 19:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jamie and welcome to our. :-)

DonĀ“t be sorry, your are asking the right place for help. I have tried to do the same setup as you have described. Installed Umbraco 7.4.3 and setup a document type with a text string and a check box.

I can unfortunately not reproduce what you are seen. Try to see my screenshot below.

enter image description here

Maybe something went wrong then you copy over the files from the zip files so you are missing a stylesheet or so.

What you could try to do is download a fresh Umbraco 7.4.3 installation and then copy over the Umbraco and Umbraco_Client folder from the fresh installation to see if this solve the issue.

When you have copy over the folders including files, then try to restart your site.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 07, 2016 @ 19:22
    Nicholas Westby

These answers to these questions might help narrow down the issue:

• Which browser are you using?
    • Is this a fresh install or an upgrade of Umbraco?
    • Do you have any packages installed?
    • When you inspect the checkbox, what style(s) lead to it being that far down?
    May 07, 2016 @ 19:22
    Jamie Townsend

Thanks Dennis,

Not sure if worth noting I cloned from GitHub and then built. Everything else seems to be working ok. Also worth noting as soon as I add additional controls it sorts itself out. Just seems to be when th checkbox is at the bottom.

I'll do as you suggested and let you know.

Thanks again

May 07, 2016 @ 19:30
    Dennis Aaen

HI Jamie,

Are there a specific reason why you are using the GitHub repository?. This GitHub repo is where we are adding and changing code when we or the community are developing new features for new Umbraco CMS releases or fixing bugs, so there can be a bug with checkboxes at the moment

If you should use Umbraco CMS for a client site, then you should download your Umbraco CMS copy from here https://our.umbraco.org/download/, using NuGet or download the zip file, and unzip.

And follow one of these installation guides. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Install/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

May 07, 2016 @ 19:34
    Jamie Townsend

Hi Dennis,

I wanted to use the GitHub so I could have a copy of source that it was built using pure for my learning of the system. This isn't going to be a production system.

At least I know it should be ok in the official release, I can live with it for learning.

Thanks again

May 07, 2016 @ 19:41
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jamie,

Oh okay for learning, yes then you can use the GitHub repo. I just want to ensure that if you wanted to develop a client site, then you just differently use the official Umbraco CMS release from https://our.umbraco.org/download/

Happy learning about Umbraco CMS, and hope that you fall in love with the CMS as much as I did back when I started using it.

Have a nice weekend.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft