Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Elkin 38 posts 351 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    May 18, 2016 @ 11:37
    Jason Elkin

More Flexible Load Balancing on Azure

I've been looking into "flexible" load balancing on Azure (having read the documentation thoroughly) and am a little disappointed.

Having to run a separate instance just for the backoffice significantly complicates the infrastructure needed to run the site and (at least) doubles the basic running cost.

In an ideal world, I'd want a single instance which can be scaled. I know that this is technically possible (we do this for other apps) but the documentation doesn't say why this can't be done for Umbraco:

Do not scale your master/adminsitration environment this is not supported and can cause issues.

Does anyone know what those issues are?

Can they be solved by simply targeting a single instance for all backoffice requests? Maybe Using the ARRAFinity cookie or even if Azure gave us the ability to have some control over the web app's internal LB?

• Cristian Satnic 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 12, 2016 @ 14:09
    Cristian Satnic

I have exactly the same question - why is it not recommended to have the master/admin instance as part of the load balanced pool?

I watched the video that describes the load balance feature introduced with version 7.3.0 - https://vimeo.com/132815038 - and the presenter specifically demos with 3 load balanced instances on Azure that all publish at the same time (that demo comes in the 2nd half of the presentation).

If the admin instance is separate then we run into other complications due to backend storage not being shared between admin and front-ends.

• Samira 113 posts 452 karma points
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 05:18
    Samira

Hi Jason

Please find below link for try:-

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/79346-umbraco-load-balancing-setup

hope this help

Regards,

Samira

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft