Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Taylor 14 posts 124 karma points
    May 19, 2016 @ 14:33
    James Taylor

Site returning blank page and error log says "An error occurred with the scheduled publishing"

Hello,

Our site which has been running fine for 6+ months is currently offline - all pages are returning a white screen and 200 status code.

I can login to Umbraco but can't view/edit any content - with an error like

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retrieve data for content id xxxx

Checking the error logs shows:

2016-05-19 15:20:54,021 [12] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [T42/D4] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing. The base url used in the request was: http://www.example.com:80/umbraco/, see http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#ScheduledTasks documentation for details on setting a baseUrl if this is in error
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.PerformRun()

There's no scheduled tasks in the Umrbaco settings file and I've restarted the site's application pool - any ideas, please!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2016 @ 05:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi James

That's indeed odd - I can't help thinking what changes were made to the site right before it happened? Any recent deploys, which could be the culprit? What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using? And has anything changed on the hosting environment for instance? What software is being used?

Have you checked the CPU load to see if it's stable or constantly peaking at around 100%?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2016 @ 07:54
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi James,

I think you have some content unpublished that is needed for this page :

Failed to retrieve data for content id xxxx

This usually happens when content is not published anymore.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft