Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicole Polet 50 posts 202 karma points
    May 23, 2016 @ 00:32
    Nicole Polet

View umbraco pages locally?

Hello. I'm very new to Umbraco and have a quick question I'm hoping someone might be able to help with.

I have Umbraco as a service and am using Git to manage all my css/js. (I am also very new to git). At the moment I'm doing all my template editing within Umbraco and all of my css locally and then committing the changes. I am writing my css in sass, so I cannot write it directly in Umbraco.

At the moment I'm finding development a bit slow as I have to wait for my sass to compile and then commit the outputted css before I can view the changes I've made. Is there any faster way of doing this? Ideally I would like to view my umbraco pages locally so that I don't have to commit every time I make a change I want to see.

Thanks in advance!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 18:26
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Nicole,

Maybe it's late response, but do you have visual studio or IIS. You can use visual studio for working with UAAS project locally and push changes only when they are ready, pushing you can do with Visual studio plugin for GIT, so it's only one application what you need for coding and pushing.

How to setup project locally - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-as-a-Service/Set-Up/Visual-Studio/

Thanks,

Oleksandr

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 18:34
    Søren Kottal

You can use Optimus for working with Sass (and friends) in Umbraco -> https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/optimus/

Or, you can run your website locally using WebMatrix (if you don't want to use Visual Studio)

• Nicole Polet 50 posts 202 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 18:36
    Nicole Polet

Hi guys, thanks for the answers.

I was able to set up my Umbraco site locally using WebMatrix. I'm all up and running!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 14:39
    Alex Skrypnyk

Great, Nicole.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft