Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    May 25, 2016 @ 09:53
    Nelson

Hi guys,

I'm creating my first website with Umbraco, my website needs to have 2 languages (english and chinese). For the chinese version I obviously need to use a different kind of font type. How to do this in Umbraco? Is it a HTML/CSS issue or can I do anything in Umbraco?

Thanks in advance!

• Kenneth Jakobsen 67 posts 203 karma points hq
    May 25, 2016 @ 10:09
    Kenneth Jakobsen

That is most definitely a Css issue unless you mean another font in the umbraco backend where i believe simplified chinese is supported!

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    May 26, 2016 @ 09:55
    Nelson

I will need to have both english and chinese versions of my website. I already checked how to proceed and it's basically cloning the english website and then replace the contents with the other language. However I will need to use a different font type for the chinese. How can I do that in the CSS?

Thanks!

• Kenneth Jakobsen 67 posts 203 karma points hq
    May 26, 2016 @ 10:34
    Kenneth Jakobsen

Well if you are using the same templates, I would specify the font url in umbraco (Website rootnode) and load it through something like @CurrentPage._FontUrl the underscore refers to a recursive property looking up in the document hierachy until it finds a property with an alias named fontUrl.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft