Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• emma burstow 43 posts 251 karma points MVP 3x hq c-trib
    May 25, 2016 @ 15:07
    emma burstow

Property to allow a user to add logos and links together

Hi all,

I have built a site with a section for links to partners and I have used image croppers and related links. This is an untidy solution and the client wants something tighter.

Could anyone recommend a better way of doing this? Preferably one that allows the user to add a logo and a link in one go.

Thanks,

Emma

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2016 @ 15:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Emma

Unfortunately I have lost track of all the packages that are available here on the projects page since so many nice ones are being released.

So I'm not sure whether something that can handle this already exists.

But I'm thinking that if you're up for it and budgets, time and skills allows then you should be able to create a custom property editor for handling this.

If this approach is a viable option for you but you have not tried making a property editor before you will need to do a bit of reading. The following resources are useful for this

Now if you don't have any experience with angularjs and don't have time to get up to speed with it and customise the experience then perhaps you can use the Nested Content package for achieving this?

This allows you to make a document type consisting of a media picker datatype and a related links datatype - You can then create an instance of the "Nested content" property editor and reference it to your "Logo picker" document type.

Now on the page where you need to be able to display the icons you can setup a property called "Pick icons" and reference your Nested content datatype (if you have called it something like "Icon links" for instance).

Then you can add as many icons with links as you would need to tying things more together.

Does this make sense? I'll be happy to spend some time setting it up so you can see what I have in mind if you have never been using nested content before.

You can probably also use Archetype to achieve what I described above. But for some reason I have not been using Archetype that much myself so not going into details about it here and if you're new to all of these things it will probably also just make your brain hurt more than it helps currently :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft