Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian 68 posts 172 karma points
    May 31, 2016 @ 12:53
    Fabian

Hello Everyone,

I have a document type that as children can have another two different document types, lets say DocumentTypeA and DocumentTypeB. Now this document type have a property with the list view data type and automatically all the children of this document type are shown in this list view. My question is, is there a way how to set this list view data type to only show the children which are of DocumentTypeA?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabian

Currently such an option does not exist with the list view - I'm wondering why you have one list view to contain two different document types instead of perhaps making 2 separate list views instead maybe? :)

If making two separate lists is not an option then perhaps adding "Document type" to be one of the sorting options in the listview configuration might be the way to go currently?

If you go to the "Developer" section and expand the "Data types" folder and find the "List view content" datatype then you can modify it. In the "Columns displayed" option you can add the "Document type" from the dropdown.

Once that is done it's easy to sort the listed items by document type - Don't know if this can fulfill the need perhaps?

/Jan

Jun 13, 2016 @ 08:10
    Fabian

Hi Jan,

How can I have two separate list views please? From my understanding a list view will automatically show all the children of a document type, thus if this document type can have children of different document types they will all be shown in the same list view together.

Thanks

Jun 13, 2016 @ 08:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabian

Your understanding is correct - I was just wondering whether it could make sense to have 2 document types, each only allowing a specific document type so you can have an "A" list and a "B" list... Like

• A

• Document type A item
      • Document type A item
      • Etc.
    • B

• Document type B item
      • Document type B item
      • Etc.

Since I don't fully know your scenario I'm just throwing in some suggestion that you maybe have not though about so whether it's a valid option for you scenario I don't know of course :)

But the above was what I had in mind in my previous reply.

/Jan

Jun 13, 2016 @ 08:55
    Fabian

Hi Jan,

I now understand what you were thinking, unfortunately that will not work for me. The sorting idea is good, not perfect because ideally you choose which children are shown but I guess that is a limitation of list views.

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.

I really appreciate it.

Jun 13, 2016 @ 09:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabian

You're very welcome - Sorry I could not provide you with a perfect solution though.

Perhaps you can add a feature request to the issue tracker? I don't think it's one that will get a high priority but perhaps it will be marked with "Up for grabs" status, which means that HQ are willing to accept a community pull request for this feature for instance.

Happy coding :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft