Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DS 21 posts 162 karma points
    Jun 03, 2016 @ 14:40
    DS

No version change after 7.4.3 upgrade?

After recently upgrading to 7.4.3 using Nuget, the back office is still reporting the older 7.4.1 version, but Umbraco is showing as updated in Nuget package manager.

Is there a step I missed when upgrading in this way?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2016 @ 19:48
    DS

Anyone have an idea regarding this?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 20:09
    Nicholas Westby

That's a bit strange. What's the version number in your web.config?

What should have happened was that you should have updated with NuGet, then when you visited the website it should have asked you to log in to run the updater, then the updater should have changed your web.config for you (after it made some other changes) to change the version number.

I have seen that sometimes a solution in Visual Studio has multiple projects, and sometimes those projects are referencing different versions of Umbraco via NuGet, which can cause the DLL' s that end up in the bin folder to be mismatch (i.e., some may be for the wrong version of Umbraco).

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:02
    DS

My web.config says 7.4.1 - and I only have 1 project in Visual Studio.

Should I run a manual install, or remove and re-add via Nuget?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:05
    Nicholas Westby

First thing I'd do is check in the bin folder of where your website is running from.

Right click on some of the DLL's (e.g., umbraco.dll) and check their "Details" tab to ensure the "Product version" is set to "7.4.3". If not, that'd be a sign that something went wrong and the new DLL's aren't there.

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:08
    DS

Yep that's the case - umbraco.dll is still 7.4.1.

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:13
    Nicholas Westby

That indicates something went wrong with the NuGet upgrade or perhaps your deployment of the changes.

Check to confirm that the DLL's referenced from the Visual Studio project are the correct versions. I suspect they are not. If that is the case, we can chat about solutions (basically, attempt to redo the NuGet install and possible remove/add DLL references).

Be sure to rebuild as well.

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:28
    DS

As far as I can tell, the project's referenced DLL's are all for 7.4.1. I have rebuilt a few times in the past, with no change. How do you suggest I move forward?

Jul 26, 2016 @ 21:51
    Nicholas Westby

Confirm that you have the NuGet package installed for 7.4.3.

Then, remove all reference to any 7.4.1 DLL's.

Then, add the references to the 7.4.3 DLL's.

If you find the existing references are pointing to the bin folder, that is incorrect. They should look something like this:

<Reference Include="businesslogic, Version=1.0.5948.18144, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
      <HintPath>..\packages\UmbracoCms.Core.7.4.3\lib\businesslogic.dll</HintPath>
      <Private>True</Private>
    </Reference>

Note that it's pointing to the packages folder (where NuGet places files).

Also, consider that something else may have gone wrong during the NuGet upgrade. Perhaps compare your files to a new install of Umbraco to see if there are other differences.

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 07:18
    Edgar Rasquin

Hello Nicholas,

I have got a similar situation with Nuget. Usually I start with a clean VS project and then Install Umbraco with Nuget without any problems. Same with packages und upgrades etc..

But now, for the first time I had to set up a website for East Asia. Therefore I installed Umbraco as an App Service in Azure. Worked like a charme. But because I had to do a bit of coding I followed a tutorial and downloaded the website from Azure to my local PC via FTP and in VS made a Project from the existing folder. All worked fine.

But when I now open the Nuget Packager Console to install or upgrade for example the umbraco.core, Nuget starts and finishes successfully and quotes that the actual version is the latest one. But when I check the dlls in the bin folder of my project I still have the old versions and of course it is the old umbraco core.

I also had a look in the ..\packages\ folder as you mentioned but there aren't any dlls. I have no idea where nuget places the new dlls.

I am stuck. Can you help?

Thanks

Jul 27, 2016 @ 16:38
    DS

Thanks for your help. I noticed some other issues with my solution/project files so I decided to back things up and completely remove anything related to Umbraco. I then did a fresh Nuget install which then correctly prompted to run the upgrade on my server. I am now running just fine on 7.4.3.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft