Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 19:03
    AvihayBit

7.4.3 bug - no tree when trying to copy document type

Hi there,

Anyone noticed that 7.4.3 bug? there is no tree when trying to copy document type, you can only chose the root...

enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 19:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi AvihayBit

Hmm, I'm actually not sure whether this is a bug or a conscious decision to only allow copying to folders and not beneath other document types anymore with the release of 7.4 - Initially the idea was to not let it be possible to use the inherited document type approach but after som discussion with the community in this forum then that decision was changed so that it was possible to keep using document type inheritance instead of only having the option to create compositions.

This has to do with making it easier to upgrade from previous versions and that in some cases it might be nice to be able to use both approaches.

So I'm not sure it's the intention to keep supporting that one can copy one document type so it's a child of another parent document type anymore.

However it might be worth filing a bug report on the issue tracker about it - I just checked on the 7.4.3 instance that I'm currently working on and it's not possible to copy the document type to have another parent in this installation either - But in my case it does not matter since I'm using folders and compositions :)

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 20:12
    AvihayBit

Thanks for the detailed answer , I will definitely should start to use the folders and compositions... Just so used to the old inherited document type approach :)

Thanks again, Avihay

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft