Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik van Vliet 7 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 13:11
    Frederik van Vliet

enabeling an addon (newbie question)

Warning extreme newbie question lol

I installed some addons such as colorpallete, html5video, groupdocs viewer and so on

They show up under installed packages but how do i get them to be enabled for others ?

There is no documentation what so ever on how to enable a package after install.

I installed formulate an that one enabled a section for itself.

• Filipe Sousa 43 posts 205 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 13:43
    Filipe Sousa

Hi Frederik,

upon installation, the packages are enabled by default. Some of them just blend in and you don't have a visual interface to interact with them.

Color Palettes for example, does not have a visual interface. All it does in this regard is to create a new data type that you can add to your document types. Please check under Data types in the Developer tab in your website.

Please check each package's documentation for an explanation on how to use it.

Jun 06, 2016 @ 13:58
    Frederik van Vliet

I have been trying Filipe trust me but there is very little in documentation with add ons that are installed.

I am trying to sell the company im doing my internship at on the idea of using umbraco for a major project and it has proven to be challenging to say the least. Granted so far i have only had experience with software that is written in php so Umbraco is a totally different animal for me but I am up for the challenge and a fast learner.

One of the challenges i face is how to get menu's in there like the one's that are default installed on top.

It is very hard to find tutorials on how to do things some i can find on youtube others would be available but only on umbraco.tv and i do not have the finances to afford a membership atm

• Filipe Sousa 43 posts 205 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 14:18
    Filipe Sousa

Hi Frederik,

Umbraco may have a steep learning curve but it is well worth it believe me, I come from a Wordpress and Dotnetnuke background.

A lot of Umbraco's "documentation" comes from examples. Have a look at some of the templates and document type configuration that come with Umbraco's sample websites to learn a bit about website menus.

As to backoffice menus, if that's what you are referring to, you won't have to mess around with those yet. That's for more advanced scenarios.

Jun 06, 2016 @ 15:39
    Frederik van Vliet

For now I am just trying to get a site up and running on a local machine that shows how content can easy be added / editted How Umbraco could easy serve as an e-commerce site, document management solution, or in their case a troubleshooting website.

If you have any pointers to good tutorials that are not posted on the .tv site that would be great .

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2020 @ 18:43
    Nicholas Westby

As the author of Formulate, I can add some insight to the original question (I realize this is 4 years old, so this answer will more be for others who search and come across this answer).

In Formulate, the reason you see that a section has been added to the current user is that I built that into Formulate (though, strangely, it doesn't always seem to work).

For other packages that have a section (and not all do), you'd typically go to the appropriate user group(s) and assign the package to that group. You'd also probably end up doing this with Formulate, assuming the site you're installing it on has other users who want to make use of it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft