Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mihail 39 posts 142 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 14:35
    Mihail

Upload files from computer and save in media section

Hi,

I have a document type with a property called Upload type.

It is possible when someone upload a photo through that type, to save automatically in Media section (I see that save in media folder from root of application but I want to be visible/registered also in media section) ?

If so, what steps should I follow to do that ?

• Filipe Sousa 43 posts 205 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 15:05
    Filipe Sousa

Hi Mihail,

just use a MediaPicker instead of the Upload control if you are just uploading images. You will be able to save your images in the Media section.

Jun 07, 2016 @ 11:58
    Mihail

If I wish to upload mp4 files ?

• Manish 373 posts 932 karma points
    Jun 07, 2016 @ 12:07
    Manish

Mihali

Yes, you can use this for media files and it's default size is 4 MB.

This can be increase by web.config

<system.web>
      <httpRuntime  maxRequestLength="102400" executionTimeout="360"/>
    </system.web>

maxRequestLength - Attribute limits the file upload size for ASP.NET application. This limit can be used to prevent denial of service attacks (DOS) caused by users posting large files to the server. The size specified is in kilobytes. As mentioned earlier, the default is "4096" (4 MB). Max value is "1048576" (1 GB) for .NET Framework 1.0/1.1 and "2097151" (2 GB) for .NET Framework 2.0.

executionTimeout - Attribute indicates the maximum number of seconds that a request is allowed to execute before being automatically shut down by the application. The executionTimeout value should always be longer than the amount of time that the upload process can take.

Manish

Jun 08, 2016 @ 05:15
    Mihail

I understood.

But, if I put Media Picker property, add content and then if I want to upload a mp4 file from my PC then the validation error is thrown that I have to upload only jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, etc. but not mp4 file.

If I go to Media section, upload there the mp4 file and go back to Content then I can only pick that uploaded mp4 file.

I wish to upload from PC the mp4 file directly from Media Picker property. Does exists some settings for it ?

Jun 08, 2016 @ 06:26
    Manish

Mihali

You can try this package for this

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/desktop-media-uploader/

Manish

Jun 08, 2016 @ 06:31
    Mihail

No, it is desktop application. I asked for Media Picker or Umbraco web solution.

Jun 08, 2016 @ 06:37
    Manish

Sorry, I did not read it

Manish

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft