Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Smith 38 posts 141 karma points
    Jun 06, 2016 @ 15:48
    Chris Smith

{localLink:xxx} isn't encoding properly

Hi.

We've noticed a problem with local links on two of our 7.4.3 sites. Basically we've found the "{" and "}" are rendering out as %7B and %7D when you go to click on the link so the link fails with a

A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

error when the user clicks it.

The html in the browser's view source and the Umbraco RTE shows

<a data-id="12132" href="/{localLink:12132}" title="Staff support">For a full list of other sessions click here.</a>

however, in Chrome and IE when you mouse over or click on the link it renders http://intranet.local/%7BlocalLink:12132%7D

This has happened on 2 separate 7.4.3 sites which have been built in isolation although they do share a few common packages and a custom AD login for the back office we've built in-house.

We've only noticed this as an issue in the last week or so and these packages have been installed since the sites were first set up a couple of months ago so I don't think they're the cause.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

• Matt Geal 4 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 16:31
    Matt Geal

I'm also getting this problem with links added to content pages from within the rich text editor. The URL is generating as: /%7BlocalLink:1949%7D

Any ideas?

• Matt Geal 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 02, 2016 @ 13:22
    Matt Geal

I managed to fix this myself. Because my rich text editor was within a custom grid editor that I wrote, I had to wrap my rich text editor content inside TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks() before rendering it.

• Ben 108 posts 374 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 19:48
    Ben

I am having the same problem in 7.6.2 on a test site. My live site is on 7.5.6 and I am able to use {localLink:####} in the html code on the templates. Is there a different way to get a link to a specific content page or should I be using the url for the page?

• Ben 108 posts 374 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 20:18
    Ben

I found a way to link to the specific content page. In the template do the following:

@{
       UmbracoHelper umHelper = new UmbracoHelper(UmbracoContext.Current);
     }
    <p><a href="@umHelper.TypedContent("20d38e38-12bf-433a-9bbe-9934d7af459d").Url">Acceptable Use Policy</a></p>
    <p><a href="@umHelper.TypedContent("5871dd6e-bb75-4d14-8e38-3fbf97b857b6").Url">Disclaimer</a></p>

• Thomas 6 posts 87 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 09:30
    Thomas

I have had a similar issue and would like to share my solution:

I am doing this in a Macro Partial View, the content is HTML code coming from a RTE.

First you need to decode the HTML:

string html = HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(content);

Then you can parse the links with the ParseInernalLinks function:

html = TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(html, UmbracoContext.Current.UrlProvider);

Eventually you can display in your view:

<div class="card-body">@Html.Raw(html)</div>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft