Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim C 161 posts 528 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 08:33
    Tim C

Resize images when saving?

We have users who insist on uploading huge images despite advice to the contrary. Is there any package or code that enables us to resize them on save (and not save the large version). I installed Aspose (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/automatically-resize-images-on-save-using-aspose-image-resizer-for-umbraco/) but that didn't seem to do anything - suspect it's not for v7 Umbraco.

In the past I have written plugins to resize the image on save (in another , non IIS CMS) to multiple (pre-configured) sizes to be used for responsive images, so something like that would be even better!

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 20:09
    Paul Seal

Hi Tim I would check out ImageProcessor and ImageProcessor.Web I used them recently when creating dynamic PDFs which needed me to resize the images on the fly. I would then hook into the media saving event and use the ImageProcessor code to resize it.

I'm going to have to do this for my own website soon, so if you haven't done it by then you can use my code. Or if you do it before then it would be great to see your code.

Cheers

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft