Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Slade 48 posts 109 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 11:28
    Mark Slade

Hi,

I'm using v6.2.6

The media section stopped uploading yesterday. When I try and upload a jpg to media, everything appears to work, except, that the media has not uploaded. I've tried refreshing the nodes, but, it's not these.

On further investigation, the MediaUploader.ashx file returns "{success: false}"

There is no error in the log files either.

In media, if I create a file, give it a name and then upload, it works fine.

Any ideas?

Mark

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 08:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Did anything change before this issue started to happen? Any new deploys or server-changes?

Does this happen no matter what kind of file you're trying to upload? Or could it be the size of the file is bigger than the max size allowed?

Or is the disk perhaps running out of space?

/Jan

• Mark Slade 48 posts 109 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 07:50
    Mark Slade

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

There were no changes to the installation before the problem started.

It doesn't matter on the file type and there's plenty of disk space.

The strange part is, that I can create a "file" in media and then upload from there, but not directly to the folder.

Mark

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 08:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

It's been a while since I have been working on a v6 installation so I can't remember if the multiupload was working out of the box or if one needs to use the Desktop media uploader package for this?

But strange indeed - Have you checked the /App_Data/Logs file to see if it contains anything marked with "ERROR", which is related to the uploading issue you're dealing with?

And what about the console log of the browser window? What browser are you using btw? And have you tested several other browsers too to see if this issue remains in those as well?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft