Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sheridan 10 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 12:19
    Sheridan

How to configure Umbraco to stop using my network drive?

Hi there, I've recently successfully installed Umbraco version 7.4. I purchased the uSkinned Minimal Corp Starter Kit, but came across a problem while trying to install it.

enter image description here

It complains about a 'file sharing violation' and that 'A different process might be using the file', but I believe that it is because my local Documents folder is redirected to a network share. The error specifies the ...\Documents\My Web Sites\Umbraco CMS\App_Data\Umbraco.sdf file, so my question is, "how can I configure Umbraco to put this file somewhere else instead, or how can I proceed with this file being on a network drive?"

Many thanks in advance.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 08:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sheridan

Did you manage to solve this?

Not 100% sure what's going on here but essentially it seems like another process is using the embedded database (umbraco.sdf) - Since it's a file then if some other application is making use of it then you can't access it - Don't mind the path shown.

I think a restart of your machine should probably fix the problem.

/Jan

• Sheridan 10 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 21, 2016 @ 09:59
    Sheridan

Hi Jan,

thanks for responding. In the end, I had to install Umbraco on Azure, so it was more of an alternative way of proceeding, rather than a solution to this problem.

Definitely no other file was using the database file, as nothing else was installed on the PC... it was a fresh install of Windows 10. Unfortunately, a restart did not solve the problem.

Kind regards, Sheridan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft