Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Lyck 16 posts 98 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 15:17
    Christian Lyck

How to Deploy / Publish a Umbraco site

HI I installed an Umbraco site through nuget package and developed view templates ect. Everything is fine and runs perfectly from Visual Studio 2015, but now I want to Deploy to an IIS server.

I've tried Publish from Visual Studio but I get all sorts of errors. Recently UmbracoMembershipProvider. Is there a walk through guide for deployment of Umbraco?

Best Regards Lyck

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 22:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Christian,

Where do you want to deploy your project?

What errors did you get?

Usually we deploy sites via ftp and respore database at MSSQL server.

Cheers, Alex

Jun 09, 2016 @ 21:35
    Christian Lyck

HI Alex Just to local IIS for now, but I also have a Windows server, and eventually it supposed to be hosted on a live server.

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Jun 08, 2016 @ 22:51
    Jason

I have found that the "Publish" feature in Visual Studio does not deploy all the needed DLL's . Try doing a release build and then manually copy all the DLL's in the bin to your IIS instance. Might want to double check if the Umbraco and Umbraco_Client directories got copies as well.

Jun 08, 2016 @ 22:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jason,

Agree with you. Visual Studio Publish isn't smooth way, but if all files are included in projects, what isn't perfect, it publishes ok.

Jun 09, 2016 @ 21:36
    Christian Lyck

Everything is there, I reviewed it.

Jun 08, 2016 @ 22:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

What problem with UmbracoMembershipProvider?

Jun 09, 2016 @ 21:42
    Christian Lyck

I come no further than the web config, I do not see any additional errors. I have no idea how to fix this.

I copied this.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 233:

Jun 09, 2016 @ 21:44
    Christian Lyck

PS And enormous thanks you for, trying to answer.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 11:33
    David Brendel

Hi Christian,

Can you post what folders the visual studio publish copies to your local iis. Maybe there are some missing folders which are needed.

Haven't done the VS publishing myself, mostly just copied the stuff by hand.

Regards David

Jun 10, 2016 @ 15:12
    Christian Lyck

Hi all I found out that the Appalication pool must be set to integrated not classic you get the error with UmbracoMembershipProvider, I read in another thread that it should be classic but it is wrong.

Everything else is all just about putting the right permissions for different folders, but also on the compact database.

I have tried with both file, web and ftp deploy, everything is ok, but I think that there is too much with, for example solution file.

It would be cool if there was a script could be used for deployment and permissions that always works.

Thanks to everyone's got me in the right direction.

Christian Lyck.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft