Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pradeep 39 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 08:40
    Pradeep

Umbraco Media Picker not uploading the images !!

Hello Everyone ,

I'm facing an issue with media picker , it's not uploading the images in umbraco . Sometimes it's upload image or sometimes not , I'm not sure what is happening with it . Anyone else facing same issue ?

Following Message from Trace log Viewer

Could not acquire actionExecutedContext.Response.Content
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)

Anyone can help me to fix it ?

Thank You Pradeep

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pradeep

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

Also what type of image files are you trying to upload? And how big are the ones not being uploaded?

I think this may be caused by the default upload limit in .NET which is currently 4 mb I think - Can't remember if Umbraco have adjusted this so that it allows more out of the box but otherwise you can adjust the allowed file size your self.

You can read more about how to increase the maximum upload size in tip no. 1 from jeavons nice article in the 2013 edition of the annual Umbraco advent calendar here http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:12
    Pradeep

Hi Jan , Thank for reply , I'm using umbraco 7.4.3 version and images sizes are less than 2 MB , infact there are only 4 images that having size around 1.8 MB and rest of images are less than 1 MB , format both jpeg , png.

I was trying to upload images from a week, but not possibly to upload, after too much refreshing the umbraco and restarting to server , I'm able to upload some of images , I also able to upload 2 images out of 4 . But not all.

When I'm using upload datatype instead of media picker , it's working fine , but upload datatype also not work until , I create it on new node.

However when I go in media folder and find for last upload , by using upload datatype, images are in media folder , but not show in backend.

Incase of media picker , it's not happening .

Any idea ?

Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pradeep

How many images are you trying to upload at once? And are you doing it using the media picker in the "Content" section or are you bulk upload in the "Media" section?

Is it random, which pictures are failing? Or is it the same images that are failing each time you try?

Is this something that is happening on a local instance of Umbraco or does it happen on a server?

/Jan

Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:49
    Pradeep

Hi Jan,

I'm trying an image at once , but fail . I tried on both place in content section and media section.

Same images every time , but some of them uploaded.

It's local instance , I tried on VS , Web Matrix or IIS direct host , but all result same.

/Pradeep

Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pradeep

Ok...the ones that fail could those images perhaps be damaged in some way? Are you able to open and view them on your computer in an image viewer? And is it jpeg or png images that fail?

/Jan

Jun 12, 2016 @ 09:59
    Pradeep

Hi Jan ,

All images are fine and I able to view them in computer. Both format but jpeg failing more often . Png images uploaded in 3-4 try.

/Pradeep

Jun 12, 2016 @ 10:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pradeep

That sounds really odd - Have not been able to reproduce this myself. Any chance that you can make a screenrecording or show some screen captures that illustrates the process and the issue?

Can you show the full "ERROR" message from the trace log that you posted in the initial post? And in addition to that error do you then see any errors in the console log of your browser when uploading?

What browser are you using btw?

/Jan

Jun 12, 2016 @ 10:37
    Pradeep

Hi Jan ,

Error :
    homeslider.jpg An error has occurred.

Browser : latest version of google chrome , same result in firefox as well.

trace viewer screenshot

• Shannon 24 posts 45 karma points
    Jul 18, 2016 @ 03:40
    Shannon

I am having this same issue

Jul 18, 2016 @ 18:38
    Pradeep

Hi Shannon,

1. Are you facing this issue on localhost ? or at your server .?
    2. Are you created a umbraco via VS Studio Nuget Package?

Let me know ...

Thank you

• Shannon 24 posts 45 karma points
    Jul 19, 2016 @ 00:11
    Shannon

I found the issue, I had cleaned up some of of the data types and removed a datatype that the media picker uses, the label, the message I got was very unclear and thus the confusion

• Robert 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 12:59
    Robert

Hi Pradeep,

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with 7.4.3, small files produce the same result.

Cheers

Aug 30, 2016 @ 13:55
    Pradeep

Hi Robert, I was tried but its not work well. Sometime its work and sometime its not.

So I built custom function to upload images from a ftp folder and use them. This problem only occurs with one format . Rest all working fine.

It's may be a reason due to archtype datatype or some other conflict.

However there are some people that reported it as a bug in umbraco since 7.0 and still occuring. Some people reported as conflict on other data type /access at local IIS.

But I think it's a programming bug bcoz when you upload an image ... it store in media folder but won't display in media section. So may be there is some fault.

I recommend you please check it on live server ... if still an issue please move all your website on new umbraco version or try Media API to upload images .

Let me know

Thank You -Pradeep

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft