Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Trent Grandey 22 posts 143 karma points
    Jun 14, 2016 @ 20:33
    Trent Grandey

Install Fresh VS2015 NuGet - How to use SQL Server?

I have installed multiple development instances of Umbraco and all work just great.

Today I am trying to set up my first site that will actually make it to production. I'm wanting to start from a scratch site so all my dev/learning mistakes aren't brought along.

I have created a new empty solution in VS2015, installed UmbracoCms via the Package Manager. All is fine and ready to go.

At this point I want to tell Umbraco to use my SQL Server instance.

I have tried: Remove all connection string settings, hoping to be prompted for database setup on first run. As soon as I'm asked for a user, a new SQLCE database connection is added and everything is set up on SQLCE now.

I have started the process over and this time set up a SQL Server connection to my existing empty database and this causes the first run to crash because the tables/objects don't exist in the database I'm telling Umbraco to use.

I then tried the Web Platform installer so I would be prompted for a database and all I could do was SqlExpress.

How can I start with a fresh install and a fresh SQL Server database?

Thanks for any guidance!

Trent

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 20:37
    Søren Kottal

Theres a Customize button, right next to the install button.

If you click that, you get to setup the database connection yourself - and choose whether or not to install a starterkit.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft