Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 18, 2016 @ 09:55
    Bruno

Umbraco cache and republish all site

I am using 7.3.4, recently i got an error related to some content of specific "doc type" not existing, what i did to get this error is switch the database file (compact) with media files.

So i tried "republish entire site" and things just worked. I thought my "umbraco.config would be "invalidated" (the file re-written), after republish , the file was a 55K size.

Then i "restarted the site" (i am hosting at smarterasp and they have this site on/off switch), and the same error popped up again. so i checked umbraco.config, it was the same 55K size (and the same file content). Again, "replublish all site" fixed the error, but then i noticed umbraco,config didn't change.

So i thought deleting the file will make umbraco write it, and fix the error between restarts, and it did. The strange thing, the umbraco.config file written was 160K, wish kind of strange.

Why replublish entire site didn't invalidate the umbraco.config file ? Is this normal behavior ? Is this a bug in version 7.3.4 ? Do i have some folder permission issues ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft