Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Henriksen 73 posts 276 karma points
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 10:19
    Niels Henriksen

As a developer I love using Umbraco and I have been using Umbraco 6 to many projects. Many times I extend the tree with new content for my customers.

I have been looking at U7 and it looks difficult to create new content but are there any good tutorials or VS-ready projects for the tree for U7?

I also dont like the UI of U7 and I wish there was a U6 UI to be used in U7.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 11:22
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Here's some links for inspiration:

https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Extending/Section-Trees/trees-v7 (you could even write trees like you used to in v6, that should still work)

http://www.nibble.be/?p=440

As for the UI: that's too bad. The UI was made for the end-users, the people who will be editing websites, not specifically for you, the developer of the site. Maybe if you can elaborate on what exactly you don't like, we can improve things but there will never be a v6 "skin" for v7.

• Niels Henriksen 73 posts 276 karma points
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 11:29
    Niels Henriksen

Thanks for the links... I will look at them.

Im also use because Im using Umbraco for my own projects :)

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 12:30
    Anders Brohus

v7 is the way to go .. :-)

But the UI on v7 is much more easy to use when you have taken the time to learn it :-)

• Carole Logan 17 posts 118 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 19:08
    Carole Logan

Hello,

We have had a lot of feedback from clients/ end users that they much prefer the UI and content editing experience in u7.

As a developer, I have found it a lot easier to extend, for example custom data types. If you haven't done any AngularJS there maybe a bit to learn but once you get used to it, you won't want to go back to u6 :)

Thanks,

Carole

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft