Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 07:50
    Frederik T

Backoffice is mixed english/danish!

Ok this is just strange, and I have no idea why this is happening. Hopefully its just a setting I have forgotten.

So in the web.config default ui language is set to "en", and the user I am logged in with has language set to "English (USA)". Which as far as I know should be it. But everything is mixed! I have another Umbraco installation running locally thats completely in english as intended, so its just very strange...

I am using Umbraco 7.4.3, a totally fresh installation.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 14:38
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Frederik. Very strange indeed. Is it spread around the whole backoffice or just a specific section i danish?

Have you tried to set English as the logged in users language again and then bumping the ClientDependancy version number in /Config/ClientDependency.config? (Forceing it to re-cache).

If that does´nt work then i would look through the language files to see if something is missing from the Umbraco install. (/Umbraco/Config/Lang). Cross-check the en_us.xml file with the same file in your local installation that are working correct and see if there is any difference. In that case, override it and see if it works. (Remember bumping ClientDependacy.)

Best of luck! / Dennis

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Jun 23, 2016 @ 10:37
    Frederik T

I tried the suggestions, its still mixed, here is a picture with an example:

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft