Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:18
    Simon

Using Umbraco as a Backend for Angular 2 Single Page App

Hi guys.

I am developing a single page app where I am using umbraco as my back-end and Angular 2 as my frontend.

I have copied the necessary files to rung Angular 2 in the homepage.cshtml of my umbraco views so that is runs first.

But I am having an issue where forexample have a page on angular 2 named Login, when accesse http://www.mywebsite.com/Login it is throwing an error

No physical template file was found for template umbTextPage

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: No physical template file was found for template umbTextPage

/Login is actually a page on Angular 2.

Are there a way how can I tell umbraco to ignore paths except /umbraco?

Thanks

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 13:08
    David Peck

There is probably a better solution, but all I can think of right now is to create a new IContentFinder than always returns your homepage.

• mohd iliyaj 8 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 01, 2023 @ 07:26
    mohd iliyaj

Hello Simon,

I am currently developing the project on umbraco as backend and angular as frontend can you please tell me steps that how we can connect the angular and umbraco.

Thank you, Iliyaj

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2023 @ 11:03
    David Peck

Hi Iliyaj,

If it works for you then the in-built Content Delivery API will be the easiest way.

Otherwise you'll need to create API controllers as need.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft