Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Don Nehc 69 posts 222 karma points
    Jul 06, 2016 @ 21:12
    Don Nehc

Hello, can someone please give me pointers on how to start debugging in VS 2015?

For example, I am having trouble logging in, and I want to debug it to see what is happening. How do I start debug and set break points?

Thank you.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 06:12
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Don.

First, you set a break point at the place in your code that you would like to debug. Breakpoints are set by using the F9 key or by clicking at the the far left of the window, see animation:

enter image description here

When the breakpoint is set, you can run your application in debug by clicking F5, or the button on top that looks like a play button.

Once yor application gets to the locations of your breakpoint, it will start blicking yellow and you´ve now opened up the world of debugging! Your life is going to be a lot easier developing. :)

You can step in methods/constructors by clicking F11 or step through by clicking F10. See animation:

enter image description here

Hope this was helpful to you!

• Don Nehc 69 posts 222 karma points
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 14:28
    Don Nehc

Thank you Dennis. My next question is debugging the backoffice. The front end calls lots angular JS, I am not sure the best way to debug angular.

• Poornima Nayar 106 posts 276 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2016 @ 14:43
    Poornima Nayar

May be you can use a developer tool like the Chrome developer tool and see what error messages you get in the Console?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft