Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    Jul 08, 2016 @ 10:52
    Roger

Clone 7.4.1 website issue

Hi all,

I have a website built in 7.4.1 that works fine and i need to clone it for another branch.

I have copied all the files to a new folder (named differently), set all permissions, added a new DB and restored a backup of the working websites DB to the new DB. Changed the connection string to the new one and then tried to run the site.

Initially it redirected to the install page but it just hung indefinitely. I then removed the connection string and refreshed the site. This time i got the message that I am seeing this page because no content is published and was prompted to login to the admin area.

On the login screen i entered my username and password but the page seemed to be inactive. The login button just wont work and no action when I hit enter either.

Any ideas please gang?

thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2016 @ 16:21
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Roger,

Can you check hostnames of your old site? It should be different for each site or empty.

But error looks like connection string, maybe something with database user in sql ?

Thanks, Alex

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 11:54
    Roger

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.

I can't get into the admin area to check the hostnames but all my IIS bindings are correct. I've removed any users from the restored DB and replaced them with a new user.

If its any use, the URL is: townandcountryoswestry.umbracodev.co.uk

Thanks Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft