Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Jul 11, 2016 @ 21:50
    Jason

Nested Content in the Core Vs Nest Content Plugin, what will happen for that upgrade?

Building a new site and I am going to be using the Nested Content plugin, but with the future addition of Nested Content in the Umbraco Core I start to wonder what the upgrade path would look like for that future Umbraco version? I think Nested Content will be added to v7.6, so not to far off, and wanted to know if anyone at HQ could provide some guidance on what to expect for upgrading to that version with Nested Content in the Core if the Nested Content plugin is installed?

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 07:37
    David Peck

If it's anything like the Models Builder inclusion, you'll like have to update some namespace references but that is it. The big BUT is if there is the intention to make breaking changes to Nested Content at the point of inclusion. I expect not, but you'd need HQ or Matt Brailsford to be certain.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 18:37
    Jason

Thanks for your input. Hopefully HQ will chime in on this.

• Brian Patton 33 posts 103 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 20:15
    Brian Patton

You might want to see the discussion in the comments of the blog post announcing v7.5 -- http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2016/6/15/umbraco-75-beta-out-now/

They are introducting a special "Schema Doc Type" for the nested content solution, so not sure it's going to be a one-to-one conversion with just changing references.

Perhaps HQ can weigh in with more insight!

Cheers!

• Brian Patton 33 posts 103 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 20:20
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft