Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Nylin 24 posts 117 karma points
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 18:35
    Tobias Nylin

Wrong creator on some images

Hi! Our customer has reported that sometimes when she uploads an image her name doesn't show up as "Created by" of that image, I have checked and verified that this is the case.

Instead my name shows up, which is bound to the user which I installed the Umbraco package when we started to build the site.

Has anyone encountered this issue and/or is aware of why it's happening?

Thanks in advance!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2016 @ 05:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tobias - What is the exact version of Umbraco 7 being used? I'm not sure but it may be an issue with some cache not being cleared properly depending on version and scenario.

/Jan

Jul 14, 2016 @ 05:50
    Tobias Nylin

Hi Jan! This is the exact version:

Umbraco version 7.4.3 assembly: 1.0.5948.18141

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2016 @ 18:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tobias

Ok - Not sure whether this is a bug in 7.4.3 somehow? Have you checked the issue tracker to see if anyone has reported any similar issues?

Is it when she uploads new images or is it when she uploads images to replace some of the already existing images, which may have initially been uploaded by you during the development fase?

/Jan

• Ian 178 posts 752 karma points
    Jul 14, 2016 @ 19:28
    Ian

This may well be impossible but could it be anything to do with syncing development and production databases related to the user id. Maybe the first user 'you' in development has the same id as her in live and some wires get crossed. Only a stab in the dark as many unexplained issues seem to relate to migration.

Jul 14, 2016 @ 19:38
    Ian

If you look at the mediaservice userid is an optional parameter

public IMedia CreateMedia(string name, int parentId, string mediaTypeAlias, int userId = 0)

Its not really an explanation for you 'why' its happening but if the media item as a userid of 0 than that explains how it 'could' display you as the creator as you are probably the default user from when you set the website up.

Jul 18, 2016 @ 11:06
    Tobias Nylin

Thanks for the replies!

@Jan it is when she uploads new images.

@Ian so far we only have one instance of the database so that cannot be the problem.

If it happened all the time I think the userId = 0 would be an explanation but it only occurs some times.

Any other ideas?

Jul 18, 2016 @ 14:36
    Ian

I would create an event handler to hook into the media save events to either debug , logging the current logged in userid, or to do an additional check and possibly force it to apply the corrrct creator.

Jul 19, 2016 @ 06:53
    Tobias Nylin

Thanks Ian for the suggestion.

I also created an issue for this http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8737

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft