Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 14:01
    Graham Carr

Issue after upgrading from 7.1.6 to 7.3.4

I have just upgraded an Umbraco website from version 7.1.6 to 7.3.4 and all appears to be working fine except for one issue which I am having difficulty in working out.

When I click on a document type of "Homepage" I see the following issue: enter image description here

Strangely this issue does not appear to stop me from saving and publishing changes to the page.

On looking in the Network tab of the Chrome Developer tools, I am seeing the following requests giving Internal 500 errors and 404 Not Found messages respectively:

http://localhost:49827/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Entity/GetByQuery?query=%24root&nodeContextId=1086&type=Document

ExceptionMessage : "ContentTypeService failed to find a content type with alias "root"."
    ExceptionType : "System.Exception"
    StackTrace : "   at Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.CreatePublishedContentType(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias)

http://localhost:49827/umbraco/ysod - gives a 404 Not Found error

Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this issue? There are no errors being logged in the log file, even with the logging type set as "Info".

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 16, 2016 @ 08:33
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Looking at the querystring, it's sending in %24root, which decoded turns into $root. Did you use to have a document type with the alias $root?

In any case, try right-clicking on "CONTENT" and doing a republish of the entire site to see if that helps.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 16, 2016 @ 08:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah, additionally: that request seems to come from one of your datatypes, Umbraco on it's own doesn't call the entityservice, so it might be that one of your datatypes needs it's settings adjusted, try to find a reference to $root in the datatypes you've added to your Homepage document type.

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Sep 09, 2016 @ 08:23
    Graham Carr

Apologies for the delayed reply on this, the upgrade was delayed for a while. Okay, I have checked the homepage document type and it is using a custom data type which is using the MultiNodeTreePicker.

Now I am using an Xpath query on the start node option and have indeed used $root in their which is required as this is a multi-language site with different content areas for each language, hence I am using $root to only show content under the current root language node.

If I am unable to use $root in the XPath query, what can I use instead??

• Valentine M... 4 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 10, 2019 @ 09:11
    Valentine M...

Hi All,

I have same issue in version 7.15.3.

I have a custom created package.

The package uses Controller witch inherits from UmbracoAuthorizedApiController

When any exceptions happen in that controller, (MicroErrors is set to Inline)

So it shows YSOD page from the right of the back-office. But it's loading entire front-end website with location to page not found.

In the console I see that Umbraco trying to call /backoffice/ysod controller but it cannot find it.

Can someone help me with that?!

enter image description here enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft