Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jimmy Dan Mortensen 77 posts 197 karma points
    Jul 18, 2016 @ 13:02
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

Archetype and exception error

Hi there gurus.

I am working on my first project with Archetype - so bit of a newbie here :-) Umbraco is working 7.4.3 and Archetype is 1.13.1.

I have created a new data-type (Openinghours). I then added monday through sunday with a textstring.

Should be simple enough :-) But when I try and use it in a document under content I get the following error.

**An error occured**

The 'ObjectContent`1' type failed to serialize the response body for content type 'application/json; charset=utf-8'.

**Exception Details**
    System.InvalidOperationException: The 'ObjectContent`1' type failed to serialize the response body for content type 'application/json; charset=utf-8'. 

**Stacktrace**

**Inner Exception**

System.NotImplementedException: This method must be implemented if a view is not explicitly set at Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditor.CreateValueEditor() at MW.Umbraco.EmbededResources.PropertyEditors.BasePropertyEditor.CreateValueEditor() at Archetype.Api.ArchetypeDataTypeController.<GetAllPropertyEditors>b__0(PropertyEditor x) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IEnumerable values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter.WriteToStream(Type type, Object value, Stream writeStream, Encoding effectiveEncoding) at System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter.WriteToStream(Type type, Object value, Stream writeStream, Encoding effectiveEncoding) at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter.WriteToStreamAsync(Type type, Object value, Stream writeStream, HttpContent content, TransportContext transportContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.WebHost.HttpControllerHandler.WriteBufferedResponseContentAsync>d__1b.MoveNext()

It is showing as soon as I click the document-type and want to input data. Any good ideas as I have no idea on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Best regards Jimmy Dan Mortensen

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2016 @ 21:22
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jimmy,

Did you install package without problems?

Where do you see this problem? In backend or on the page?

Maybe you will find something interesting in Log.

Do you know there are few OpeningHours packages for Umbraco -

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ourumbracoopeninghours/

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/openingsoon/

Thanks,

Alex

• Jimmy Dan Mortensen 77 posts 197 karma points
    Jul 21, 2016 @ 21:26
    Jimmy Dan Mortensen

I installed the package through nuget-console and had no apparrent errors during install.

I see the error in backend, when I try and enter data. Error occurs when I click the label to the archetype.

I will google how to check the log :-)

Best regards Jimmy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft