Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hassan 79 posts 264 karma points
    Jul 19, 2016 @ 08:01
    Hassan

I can not uninstall completely Newsletter Studio package.

Hi

I am using Umbraco 7.4.3 and Newsletter Studio 2.1.4.

I unistalled Newsletter Studio package via packages folder in developer section, but it was not uninstall completely from my project. Actually Newletter Studio section is still there, but it is empty!

Please see this image:

enter image description here

What is that problem? What can I do for solve it?

With thanks.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2016 @ 13:44
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Hassan.

I would check two things:

First: Is might be that the package is actually correctly uninstalled, but your cache have´nt really got the memo. :) Try to bump the ClientDependency version number in /Config/ClientDependency.config file, forcing the css and js to clear cache.

Second: If that does´nt do the trick, it looks like your Umbraco installation still thinks that there is a application called Newsletter Studio. Check the /Config/applications.config file, and look for a xml line that looks like this:

<add alias="NewsletterStudio" name="Newsletter Studio" icon="icon-message" sortOrder="15" />

If you find a line like the above, remove it and recycle your application, and see if the problem still exsists.

Best of luck to you Hassan!

Jul 20, 2016 @ 04:40
    Hassan

Hi Dennis.

I checked the /Config/applications.config file and remove related line and NewsletterStudio section removed successfully from project.

After that I reinstall NewsletterStudio package, but I got into trouble. Please see this image:

I checked related config files and lines to NewsletterStudio in my solution, every thing seems be OK! What is that error?

With thanks.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 20, 2016 @ 06:01
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Hassan.

Glad that you managed to unistall it properly.

The error message you are showing is a generic errror message, there should be a more details message marked ERROR in you logfile (/App_Data/Logs). Also check the console to see what kind of script errors you recive.

Aug 06, 2016 @ 11:09
    Hassan

Hi Dennis.

In console there are some errors. Please see this image:

I think second error is my problem. There is not that path in my solution. I checked other projects, but there is not backoffice folder in umbraco folder.

Should the backoffice folder is in the umbraco folder?

With thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft