Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Shipston 21 posts 113 karma points
    Jul 20, 2016 @ 10:25
    Dave Shipston

Content disappears in the backoffice but is still visible on the frontend

We are currently transferring an existing site into Umbraco but have come across a strange situation.

From time to time, we are finding that content that has been added and successfully published to a page using the back office simply isn't there when we go back to edit it!

Some page contents are fine but others don't show.

There are no error messages and the logs look fine.

Obviously if we publish the page again then the content on the front end then also disappears - which I guess is to be expected.

Looking at the database itself, we can see multiple identical versions of the same property in the cmsPropertyData table where each data column is set to null, with the most recent entry of that property version being the null entry. If we delete these duplicate null entries, the back office content returns.

We've read that this may be an issue with IIS Express/SQL CE, but we're using full IIS and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Many thanks

Dave

Jul 26, 2016 @ 12:44
    Dave Shipston

So has nobody ever come across this before?

Just me then :-(

• Frank Medium 12 posts 121 karma points
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 07:30
    Frank Medium

Did you ever resolve this? (I know it was 8 years ago!!) I have a similar issue on my Umbraco instance :(

Edit: Resolved my issue by following the answer here https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/86882-node-missing-in-backoffice

Sep 12, 2022 @ 13:58
    Dave Shipston

Hey Frank!

Thanks for reaching out :-)

No we never got to the bottom of this but as we are building a new site in version 10, we've kind of given up on this issue.

We figured it was some kind of caching issue as it didn't appear to be permanent and appeared to "self-fix" from time to time :-)

Good to know you managed to solve your issue though.

Al the best

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft