Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 15 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 21, 2016 @ 17:37
    Danny

Can't get Preview to display unpublished changes 7.4.3 (upgrade from 7.3.7)

I want to upgrade my site from 7.3.7 to 7.4, because of the Preview bug in 7.3.7, but I've been unable to get Preview to work in 7.4.3.

Repro steps

1. Run Update-Package UmbracoCms in VS Nuget console
    2. Keep UrlRewriting.config and UmbracoSettings.config, replace the config files.
    3. Build my solution + Debug my solution
    4. Log in as admin (Get Umbraco Upgrade prompt - press Continue)
    5. Upgrade completes successfully.
    6. Go to backoffice
    7. Update field (I've done this with checkboxes, rich text and text boxes)
    8. Select "Save"
    9. Click "Preview"
    10. See old published content without saved changes.

I looked up the Preview files in the App_Data folder, and the xml element of the field I changed has my unsaved changes in the content.

<StandardPage id="3332" key="b6ac0d00-55b7-456a-baf7-4719af8dc40c" parentID="2399" level="3" creatorID="5" sortOrder="0" createDate="2016-02-03T15:13:25" updateDate="2016-07-21T10:15:03" nodeName="FutureStudents" urlName="futurestudents" path="-1,1225,2399,3332" isDoc="" nodeType="1630" creatorName="foo" writerName="foo" writerID="5" template="1612" nodeTypeAlias="StandardPage" isDraft="">
       <body><![CDATA[<p><span>I've been updated but not published!</span> </p>
       ]]></body>
    </StandardPage>

I've rolled back and reinstalled 7.4.3 several times, and I've cleared my browser's temporary files/history before previewing.

Is there anything else I should try/look at?

• Brad Wickett 43 posts 124 karma points
    Jul 22, 2016 @ 18:12
    Brad Wickett

I'm having the exact same problem on 7.4.3. The only thing non-standard about our install is that we use a custom back-office authentication provider that we use to authenticate against Active Directory. However, I'm using a built-in account for testing purposes, not an account that authenticates via AD. My unpublished but saved changes are in the XML, but the preview shows the currently published content, not the saved but unpublished content.

• Danny 15 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 21:07
    Danny

We also use a custom back-office authentication provider. I use a built-in account for deploying, but I've tried previewing changes with the built-in and a custom account, and I see the same issue.

Thank you for the information. If I figure out a work around, I'll be sure to post it to this thread.

• Bach Huong 6 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 09:29
    Bach Huong

Hi dudes,

I have encountered the same issue here, just I've upgrade my Umbraco from 7.3.8 to 7.5.4. After I removed the custom OwinStartup to register the LDAP Signin Manager , preview mode works back to normal.

Can anybody please get us any update here?

Thank you.

Regards, Bach Huong

• Bach Huong 6 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 08, 2016 @ 09:37
    Bach Huong

Hi Danny,

I found the way to manage this work with my custom OwinStartup. See my comment at http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9081#comment=67-33113

Hope this helps you,

Regards

• Klaus Kunath 20 posts 118 karma points
    Feb 22, 2017 @ 09:34
    Klaus Kunath

Hi Bach Huong, I try to get Backoffice sso with AD. In your CodeSnipped you use LdapUserSignInManager which i cant find. Could you provide a full functional example for using umbraco as intranet (with sso via ad). If you have an implementation of sso with ad on the Frontenserver, i woult be very thankfully for your help.

• Peter Bersani 14 posts 34 karma points
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 19:04
    Peter Bersani

I am experiencing the same issue. A full example would be extremely helpful

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft