Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 15 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 19:30
    Tim

I created a CSS in the backoffice with one "format". I associated the CSS with the Richtext Editor. I still cannot see any entries in the Format drop down. did I miss anything?

• Carson Brown 15 posts 85 karma points
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 19:54
    Carson Brown

Do you have that stylesheet checked off in the settings of the RTE?

Aug 01, 2016 @ 20:18
    Tim

Yes, that is what I meant by "I associated the CSS with the Richtext Editor."

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 21:29
    Kevin Jump

Hi

what version of umbraco are you using and what does your format look like?

v7.3 - v7.4.3 there was a bug in the editor where multiple styles didn't work (so show up in the editor) http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7160 it might be that?

also, check your cache, you can get browser or Umbraco caching issues sometimes meaning you don't see updated styles.

if you open chrome with the dev tools open you can disable the caching in your browser to test that, and if you increment the version number in /config/clientdependency.config file you will force umbraco to rebuild its internal cache of css/styles and that might kick it in.

Aug 02, 2016 @ 15:18
    Tim

I have it working now. I had correctly navigated to the Richtext Editor entry in the Developer section, selected my CSS, and saved the changes. My guess is that, since the Document Types already existed, Umbraco did not reflect the addition of this style sheet in the RTE's properties on those pages. After I went to the Document Types in question and selected the CSS in the properties, the styles appeared in the Formats drop down.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft