Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Serge de Wit 3 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 04, 2016 @ 14:04
    Serge de Wit

Adding Fonts on Azure Umbraco WebApp

My apologies if this is a FAQ post, however I am new to Umbraco and was so far not able to find an answer to my question neither on Google and nor on this forums.

We are using Umbraco deployed as a WebApp on Azure, which installs Umbraco version 7.3.4.

The designer wants to use 5 different fonts on the webpage, which are not default webfonts and thus cannot be used via a fonts.googleapis.com link.

Adding the fonts in Umbraco (for example in the scripts or stylesheets) directory seems not possible via the Umbraco-web-interface. As this interface lacks an import function for remote files into these directories.

How do I add the fonts to the Umbraco filesystem in order to use them?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 06:52
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Serge,

In the Azure management portal on your web app there is a setting to get FTP credentials for the web app. I think it is somewhere where you can get the publishing settings

With this you can upload the fonts were you want ?

How did you get your Umbraco application on Azure ? Maybe you can make it part of this deployment process.

Dave

• Serge de Wit 3 posts 83 karma points
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 08:02
    Serge de Wit

Hi Dave,

Thanks for putting me into the right direction.

I was searching in the Umbraco management site to do this. Via a FTP to Azure the fonts were copied quickly into the Umbraco wwwroot.

When creating the Web app Azure gives you the option to create an empty one or a vendor specific one - Umbraco being among them. This way Azure helps you through the various wizardsto setup the SQL database , making installing a web- and database-server very easy and taking only minutes.

Best regards, Serge

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 08:04
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Serge,

Glad to hear you could solve it. Don't forget to mark the post as a solution so others can find the answer as well.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft