Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sheridan 10 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 09, 2016 @ 16:02
    Sheridan

How to Setup localhost in Culture and Hostnames page?

Hi there,

I have setup a local version of our Umbraco website successfully. When I run the solution from Visual Studio, it displays in the browser with the localhost URL, but when I click on any links on the website, it takes me to the live website, instead of using the localhost URLs.

I was under the impression that I could use the Culture and Hostnames page to add the localhost:

When I re-opened the Culture and Hostnames page, the localhost domain was no longer there and when I attempted to re-add it, I got an error message stating that the domain was already set in some config file.

So, my first question is how can I setup my local CMS to use the localhost URLs (eg. stay local) when I click on page links?

My second question is what happened to my localhost:

• Yakov Lebski 562 posts 2128 karma points
    Aug 12, 2016 @ 17:00
    Yakov Lebski

You need update hostname (right click on root node->Hostname and culture) and change url for localhost

• Sheridan 10 posts 101 karma points
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 10:31
    Sheridan

Thanks Yakov, but if you read my question, you'll see that I already did that and that it's not working... that's the problem.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 16:03
    Paul Seal

Hi Sheridan Have a look at this blog post, scroll down to the part where it says Setting up the site to run in your local IIS

http://www.codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-install-umbraco-using-visual-studio-nuget-iis-and-sql-server/

Hopefully that might help you.

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft