Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hugh 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 09:57
    hugh

fresh install of Umbraco 7.2...over 100 erros on compilation!

WIndows 10 + VS2015 Community...ran on first compilation but when I included all of the files in the project there are over 100 errors. What did I do wrong?

Aug 31, 2016 @ 22:10
    hugh

anyone?

• Nik 1611 posts 7237 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 01, 2016 @ 07:30
    Nik

Hi Hugh,

Without knowing what some of the errors are we cannot help you. We cannot see your screen or code so you need to give us more information.

What sort of errors are you seeing? Have you tried to debug any of them? I get errors in some of my projects that aren't errors from VS but instead some from resharper so it might be a case that you can ignore some of them.

What folders/files have you "included" into your solution?

thanks,

Nik

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 01, 2016 @ 07:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Don't include all the files in the project :-)

If you install from NuGet, we give you a solution with exactly the files you need in your project. There's hundreds of aspx/ascx/etc files that are already compiled by Umbraco and you should not and can not include them in your project.

Sep 03, 2016 @ 13:00
    hugh

Thanks...its just that I saw a youtube video and that is exactly what the guy did...nuget install in visual studio and then showing all files and including them in the project....his compiled fine.

So if I need to extend Umraco from with visual studio I need to be careful about adding or including files?

Also when I installed from WebMatrix/Web Platform installer you see all of the files and then if I open that website up in visual studio 2015 it all works fine. So there must be a difference between the files that are provided by the two different installation procedures, but its still the same latest version of Umbraco?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft