Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Öhman 32 posts 177 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 13:52
    Dennis Öhman

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Hi!

This might be a stupid question but...

Does any one have an idea why DbProviderFactories.GetFactory would not find SqlClient provider.

I have tried adding the provider to DbProviderFactories in web.config, but same error.

• It only happens on Azure.
    • The connectionstring is the same and the providername is the same
    • .Net 4.6

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.] System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1281290 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.CommonConstruct() +40 Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext.ValidateDatabaseSchema() +238 Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext.get_IsUpgrading() +79 Umbraco.Web.Security.Identity.AppBuilderExtensions.UseUmbracoBackOfficeCookieAuthentication(IAppBuilder app, CookieAuthenticationOptions options, ApplicationContext appContext) +142 Umbraco.Web.Security.Identity.AppBuilderExtensions.UseUmbracoBackOfficeCookieAuthentication(IAppBuilder app, ApplicationContext appContext) +486 Umbraco.Web.UmbracoDefaultOwinStartup.Configuration(IAppBuilder app) +132

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 17:35
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Dennis

I have just had to setup a new site on a webhost that I have never used before and was getting the same issue.

Being .net / SQL based I took a wild stab and commented out the following lines in the web.config

<remove invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
          <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider 4.0" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe" />

<add name="MySQL Data Provider" invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory, MySql.Data" />
        <remove invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" /><add name="MySQL Data Provider" invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory, MySql.Data, Version=6.9.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d" />

This got the site running but may not be the solution. Adding a reference to the site might be the better solution, but for me, happy to move on - lost too much time already on firefighting.

Cheers, Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft