Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 15:52
    Craig100

7.4.3 to 7.5 upgrade blank login screen

Just completed a NuGet upgrade of a 7.4.3 site to 7.5. On startup for the first time I just get the login screen with no username and password fields. All I see is the Umbraco logo and "Happy funky friday" on a black screen.

Using W10 Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit), removed all cookies and have done several Empty Cache and Hard Reloads but to no avail. I can see the username and password fields HTML in the source, but they aren't accessible to a user so can't log in and get to work.

Anyone else getting this?

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2016 @ 16:33
    Craig100

In source, the "login" div had a style attribute of "display:none". Setting this in Chrome's dev tools to "inline" allowed the login form to show and upgrade progressed normally. Once the upgrade completed, the login screen seems to display normally.

• Marco 13 posts 109 karma points
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 21:16
    Marco

I have the same issue, but just on my production environment.

The only thing I found out is that if you set compilation debug="true"> in the web.config, the form works again. I don't know why, maybe something with compression if Umbraco uses that. Looks like a lot of .js files aren't loaded any more.

• Jean-Francois Dessureault 7 posts 30 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2016 @ 19:42
    Jean-Francois Dessureault

I had a similar issue after upgrading to 7.5.3. In my case, the login screen was plain blank tough.

After some research, I found out that a section was automatically added at the end of the Web.config:

<location path="umbraco">  
      <system.webServer>  
        <urlCompression doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="false" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
      </system.webServer>  
    </location> 

Turns out that the backoffice login shows up normally if you remove that part, even with <compilation debug="false">. So it was indeed related to url compression, as Marco pointed out.

Does this help with your issue?

• Jean-Francois Dessureault 7 posts 30 karma points c-trib
    Sep 12, 2016 @ 14:00
    Jean-Francois Dessureault

Maybe that solution wasn't the best idea after all. Even if it seemed to work at first, I then got other errors when Umbraco tries to resolve stuff in /umbracoapi/*.

However, I did solve my issue by clearing the client depencies located in App_Data/ClientDependency/ and App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency/. With those files gone, the backoffice now behaves normally.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft